Din-din at boardinghouse

Have a dinner alone outside, that's usual. I love culinary but I'm not spend my (special) time for hunt some foods around. That's boring if doing alone. A lot of food in Jogja: traditional foods, Indonesian foods, Italian foods, Japanese & chinese foods, etc. If I had a dinner outside, I often ate foreign foods, that's make my tounge so adaptive, but I'm still love Indonesian foods, especially if it made by my mom. My friend Jo came to my boardinghouse, we were very hungry, whereas we had already eaten. I thought it's time to eat local foods. Jo and I were hunt some local foods near my boardinghouse. We bought 'Martabak' (sweet & salty) and 'Nasi kucing'.




It's 'Martabak' and its couple 'Acar' or pickles. Martabak is Indonesian foods. This food spread in every city in Indonesia. The ingredients are simple, just egg(s), vegetables, flour's batter, meats (optional). It's the salty one, taste more delicious if you eat it with Acar (vegetables mixed with spices) or hot sauce.


Here we go. Nasi kucing, in english, it's Cat's rice ...LoL... It's traditional inhabitant food in Jogja, but not just in Jogja, some cities has it too. Why it's called Nasi Kucing or Cat's rice? Because the portion is a little and the side dish too. That's why the price is cheap. We ate it with salty Martabak.


The last one is sweet Martabak, It's for our dessert. The ingredients are same like salty Martabak. The differences are the kind of flour's batter and nuts that's replace the vegetables. Thick and sweet.

That's all our happiness dinner. We just spend a few money for it, but we're so satisfied. Really nice foods. If it sold abroad, it must be a new favorite food there. Yummy!!!

0 komentar: